Columbus, OH --- The Ohio State Racing Commission is seeking a qualified individual to serve in the capacity of Presiding Judge at Miami Valley Gaming & Racing, Dayton Raceway and Scioto Downs.
There is estimated to be a total of 250 race dates for the year 2015. The successful candidate would start approximately Sept. 22, 2014.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Exercising immediate supervision, control and regulation of each licensed race meeting according to OSRC rules;
- Impose on licensees, for violation of law or commission rules;
- Recommend to the commission, where warranted, penalties in excess of those of authorized by law;
- Considering and reviewing all allegations of misconduct or rule infractions and, when warranted, initiating investigations of the allegations and conducting necessary hearings, or taking the action necessary to prevent rule infractions;
- Determining all questions, disputes, protests, complaints, or objections concerning racing matters which arise during a race meeting and enforcing such determinations;
- Interpreting and enforcing OSRC rules and determining all questions pertaining to racing matters in conformity with applicable laws;
- Issuing decisions or rulings pertaining to racing matters and race results;
- Conducting hearings on all questions, disputes, complaints, or objections concerning racing matters;
- Perform other duties and have other powers assigned by the commission.
- The applicant has attended an accredited school or program and is currently licensed by the United States Trotting Association in said capacity;
- Has satisfactorily passed a written and oral examination given by an approved accredited school or program;
- Been issued and maintain accreditation;
- Minimum of three years experience as an associate or presiding judge at an extended pari-mutuel meeting
- Not under suspension or exclusion by any racing jurisdiction.
Applicants should submit a comprehensive resume including education background and professional qualifications and work experience. Contact details are as follows: Bill Crawford (phone: 614.466.2757), (fax: 614.466.1900) and e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).