Washington, PA --- Content to get away sixth, Bud Hatfield and Wolf’s Jann roared up first over to capture Friday’s (Oct. 26) $5,000 leg of the C.K.G. Billings Amateur Trot at The Meadows.
With relentless pressure, Hatfield and Wolf’s Jann wore down the leaders, Bob Krivelin and TK’s Karma, to defeat that duo by a neck in 2:00.1. David Ehrenberg II and Must Be Psychic finished third.
Roy Mac Davis trains the winner, a 5-year-old daughter of Majestic Victory-Wolf’s Zenta who now boasts $151,305 in career earnings, for Hatfield Stables.
Hall of Famer Dave Palone drove for the first time since suffering injuries in a five-horse race mishap Monday at The Meadows. In a fine tune-up for his assignments in Saturday’s Breeders Crown championships, he notched four winners in eight starts.
Enjoy these upcoming special events at The Meadows:
- Watch harness racing’s $6 million championship finals, the Breeders Crown from Woodbine, at any of our Meadows locations on Saturday (Oct. 27)
- ESPN Radio Remote with Stan Savran will be live from The Meadows Racebook Wednesday (Oct. 31) from 10 a.m.–12 noon and Saturday (Nov. 3), host and time TBA
- Wednesday (Oct. 31) is “Pink Out” night, when The Meadows Racing and The Meadows Standardbred Owners Association collaborate for Breast Cancer Awareness month. The track’s commissions from two designated races will be donated to Breast Cancer Research and Education Fund at Magee-Womens Research Institute & Foundation. The night will include a “Meet and Greet” with drivers from 5:30-6 p.m., a female drivers race and a special “Racing Under Saddle” event
- The Breeders' Cup from Santa Anita Park will be contested Friday and Saturday, Nov. 2-3. Watch at any of our Meadows locations
- Wednesday nights in November -- 25 times the points on The Meadows Racing trifecta wagers only for Racing Player Rewards members
- Turkey giveaway, Nov. 7, Nov. 14 and Nov. 21, with $25 Giant Eagle gift cards given away at each Meadows location